Saturday 23 June 2007

SQA Computing Showcase Event

Les, Carol and myself all attended the Showcase Event. It was very informative and worthwhile. It also gave us the chance to catch up with Deryk Nutley about the Microsoft Academy and the problems we have been having with Virtual PC. Hopefully his input now means that this issue will be resolved. Carol and Les are going to be working on this over the summer.

I particulary enjoyed the session with Mike Janetta about what is planned in terms of National Progression Awards, but the one that was of most interest to me was the Adobe session given by Anuja Dharkar from Adobe in the USA. Her presentation was excellent and it gave me real food for thought. I think some of the Adobe qualfications could tie in really well with the equipment we are going to receive as part of the Highland Lives project. I could see the whole, sound, animation, video as a real attraction, particularly for school kids.

Excellent day, and we got to have tapas the night before! When we left Glasgow though, the weather was terrible, I could hardly see 3 feet in front of the car for the rain. That's the west coast for you!

No comments: